WHAT HAPPENED AT THE JANUARY MEETING?
1) Members held camp elections. All the officers from 2009 were re-elected, with the exception of Junior Vice Commander. Kirk Singleton is our new Junior Vice. Congratulations Kirk!
2) Members filled out forms to join our new SVR (Sons of Veterans Reserve-ceremonial) unit. Anyone interested in joining the SVR can do so at the next meeting. Larry Toll is the non-commissioned officer in command of our SVR unit.
3) Members reviewed the very busy schedule for 2010 (see later in this issue).
4) Members discussed a possible cemetery project in Kirksville, Missouri.
5) Members were encouraged to read and contribute material to the new Phelps Camp blog (www.phelpscamp.blogspot.com).
TENTATIVE SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
March 7—Battle of Pea Ridge Anniversary Ceremony
April 17—Civil War Round Table of the Ozarks 50th anniversary dinner, Springfield.
April 24—Dedication of the Fort Sand Springs Monument, near Marshfield.
May 31—Memorial Day ceremony at the Springfield National Cemetery.
June 5-6--Parade of the American Soldier event, Fort Scott National Historic Site.
July 4—Possible event at “I Love America,” Springfield.
August 10—Battle of Wilson’s Creek Anniversary Ceremony.
October 2-3—Pioneer Days, Ava.
November 6--Springfield Veterans Day Parade.
The next meeting of Phelps Camp will be on Tuesday, February 2 at 7 p.m. at Wilson’s Creek National Battlefield.
DUES ARE DUE!
Yes, it’s that time again. 2010 dues for Phelps Camp and the SUVCW remain at $25! Please send a check or money order to:
1329 S. Meadowview Ave.
Springfield, MO 65804
Any donations for camp projects will also be greatly appreciated!